North-East – Routes 13, 25, 34, & 40 (New Route)
Several changes have been proposed for the north east area of the City:
· Currently in the north of the City, Route 13 serves Masonville Mall before splitting into the 13 Grenfell and 13 Northridge. The approved service change has Route 13 ending at Masonville Mall in the north. Also approved is a weekday frequency improvement from 30 min to 20 min between 6 pm and 9 pm and Saturday from 30 minutes to 20 minutes between 5 pm and 9 pm.
· Currently Route 25 operates from Fanshawe College to McLean and Fanshawe. The approved change is to extend Route 25 to Masonville Mall. Routing would maintain existing path from Fanshawe College, north on Highbury to west on Fanshawe Park Road, north on Trossacks, west on Grenfell Drive/Phillbrook Drive to Fanshawe Park Road to Masonville Mall. This would provide service to the current 13 Grenfell area. There will be two-way service along Grenfell/Phillbrook. Operational hours and frequency would be increased to match existing Route 13 Grenfell service levels, including service on Saturday and Sunday. Existing passengers in the Grenfell loop travelling through Masonville will now have to transfer.
· A new Route 40 will operate along the same path as the current Route 13 Northridge loop. Operational hours and frequency would match existing 13 Northridge service levels. Route 40 will be interlined with Route 34 Monday to Saturday between 6 pm and midnight and on Sunday between 9 am and 11 pm on a 60 minute frequency. Existing passengers in the Northridge loop travelling through Masonville will now have to transfer.
· Route 34 approved changes include the addition of new operating hours including, weekday evening service at a 60 minute frequency between 6 pm and 12 am, Saturday service at a 30 minute frequency between 9 am and 6 pm, Saturday evening service at a 60 minute frequency between 6 pm to 12 am and Sunday service at a 60 minute frequency between 9 am and 11 pm.
Approved Service Changes
Currently Route 38 operates along Blackwater Road through the Stoney Creek community crossing Adelaide at an unsignalized crossing. Due to operational safety concerns and a desire to serve the YMCA, a routing modification has been approved. The new routing will be implemented April 30th, 2017, removing operations from Blackwater Road west of Adelaide, and operating on Sunningdale Road instead. In the westbound direction, service will be removed from Thistlewood Drive and Blackwater Road, instead operating on Sunningdale Road and serving the YMCA. Maps of the proposed routing are shown below.
East End - Routes 2A & 3A
Approved Service Change
London Transit has been monitoring service changes and public feedback regarding September 2016 route modifications in the East End. Many Route 2 passengers have been affected by a loss of direct service to Argyle Mall. To address some of the concerns raised, the following routing modifications have been approved:
· Modify Route 2A to serve Argyle Mall in the eastbound direction only (via Clarke). In the westbound direction, Route 2A will leave Trafalgar Heights destined for downtown directly via Trafalgar, Hale, and Dundas.
· Maintain Route 2B routing
· Modify Route 3A routing to serve Argyle Mall at all time periods rather than just during evenings and weekends. This change would remove operations from River Run Terrace and Classic Drive, while providing two-way service through the Fairmont neighbourhood during weekdays.
The approved service change will also provide more frequent Sunday service on Route 2 from 30 minutes to 15 minutes between 11 am and 7 pm. This would result in improved frequency (60 minutes to 30 minutes) along Hale, Trafalgar, and Dundas east of Hale.
Lambeth - Route 12 & 28
Approved Service Change
Currently Route 12 operates to Lambeth between 6 am and 9 am and 2 pm and 6 pm. Route 28 operates between Westmount Mall and Lambeth between 9 am to 2 pm. The approved change will remove Route 12 service from Lambeth. Route 28 will now operate weekdays only between 6:30 am and 10:30 am and 2:30 pm and 7 pm at a 30 minute frequency. Also approved is a route modification in Lambeth for Route 28 to utilize Sunray Avenue rather than Outer Drive.